If you or your family members suffer regularly from what seems to be a common cold, then you may have a toxic mold problem. Toxic mold can grow between walls, under cabinets, in crawl spaces and even in the rug. Mold spores spread quickly when provided with a damp, warm environment. If left unchecked toxic mold can create health problems for you and other people living in the house. Your pets can even be affected by mold.

The symptoms of a mold infestation are very similar to a cold or allergies, so you may not even know that you have a toxic mold issue. The most common reactions are congestion, runny nose and eyes, coughing, a sore throat, itchy skin and bloody noses. More serious symptoms include trouble breathing, vomiting, asthma, headaches and even a decrease in white blood cell production.

If you are experiencing one or a combination of symptoms that don’t seem to get better, it’s important to call a professional mold remediation service in your local area. Toxic mold spreads quickly, and it will only make your symptoms worse. For some people with a severe allergic reaction to mold, the overgrowth of spores can be life-threatening. Other populations at risk for dangerous mold related illnesses are children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems.

Our Mold remediation specialists in Tempe can remove the spores from your home, and keep them from coming back. Trying to deal with cleaning up toxic mold on your own is never recommended and is highly dangerous for your health. Once the home is free from the mold, then your symptoms should disappear gradually. If you know that you’ve been made ill by toxic mold, it’s a good idea to get checked out by a doctor to ensure that there are no long term effects.