If you have ever spotted mold in your home, you know the panic it can cause. Thankfully, there are ways to fix minor mold problems at home. It is important to know that any amount of mold should be quickly cleaned, as even the smallest amount can cause issues. Mold has been proven to cause harm to the property and those living in the home, so getting rid of it should be taken very seriously. Before cleaning of any mold takes place, be sure to have proper ventilation in the space and ask everyone to leave the room who does not have adequate equipment.
When cleaning mold, safety must come first, so gloves must be worn. Depending on what products are used, face masks should also be used. There are a number of ways to get rid of mold with products you likely already own. A solution of chlorine bleach and water will clean away mold and any stains it may leave. Use caution with this mixture as it can be toxic and should never be mixed with ammonia. Another remedy is hydrogen peroxide as it will break down the mold and is non-toxic, however, it doesn’t work as quickly as chlorine bleach and water. White vinegar also kills mold, but it may not clean all mold stains, so extra cleaning may be needed.
The best way to handle a mold problem is to prevent its occurrence as much as possible. One way to do this is to maintain cleanliness of areas where mold is likely to grow, such as in closets, under sinks, and in the bathroom. Another method of prevention is to get any leaks fixed as soon as you notice them. Lastly, the most important step is to hire a mold removal professional in Phoenix that can examine your home and alert you of any mold growth. A professional should also be contacted when there is more than just minor spots of mold in your home.
If you have concerns about a possible mold problem, contact Gateway Restoration, LLC for a consultation today. As leading professionals in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, we look forward to restoring your home.