Mold in Scottsdale AZ

Mold is a hidden menace that can have long-lasting effects on both your health and your property. Mold needs humid conditions to thrive. This is not normal for Scottsdale weather, but the interior of your home can produce the perfect conditions for mold to start multiplying. If the temperature is between 70 and 90 degrees and the relative humidity is over 50%, mold has a good chance of growing. Most homes keep the temperature consistent indoors and water damage from flooding, leaky pipes, or cracks in a window’s seal can all provide enough moisture for mold to take over. If mold does begin to grow in your home, it can have some serious long-term effects.

Health Issues Caused by Mold

Prolonged exposure to mold is believed to cause a myriad of health issues. The most apparent of these is respiratory problems. As mold breaks down its food source, gasses and airborne particles are created. These have negative effects on the human respiratory system. Mold has been linked to asthma, nose and throat issues, coughing, and wheezing. Other health issues such as headaches, infections, and a propensity toward allergies can arise as well.

Property Damage Caused by Mold

Mold is a destructive force. It needs moisture and a food supply to continue its rampant growth cycle. Unfortunately, for the homeowner, its food can be the structure of your home. When mold is growing on drywall, support beams, or other structural elements, it is breaking those down and slowly damaging the house. Left unchecked, this can do substantial damage to the structural integrity of the home and lower the value of the property.

Call the Experts

Gateway Restoration is the expert at mold removal in Scottsdale, AZ eliminating its harmful effects. Knowing that your home is safe from this hazard can give you peace of mind and have intangible benefits for years to come. Do not wait for a small issue to become a big problem. Avert any future damage to your property and your health by calling Gateway Restoration today.